Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
How Dictionary.com Defines Christians Empty
World Clock

How Dictionary.com Defines Christians

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StarPhoenix
Admin
Admin
StarPhoenix

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: How Dictionary.com Defines Christians   How Dictionary.com Defines Christians I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Christians
–noun
1. a person who believes in Jesus Christ; adherent of Christianity.
2. a person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ: He died like a true Christian.
3. a member of any of certain Protestant churches, as the Disciples of Christ and the Plymouth Brethren.
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: How Dictionary.com Defines Christians   How Dictionary.com Defines Christians I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:38 am

Something that was said by Ghandi: "I really like your Christ, I just don't care for his followers".

There is an interesting article in the book, Between Two Worlds, that was written by a Lutheran Pastor who is also a witch. She stated that Christians live for the second coming and have been disappointed every day for the past two thousand years. She said that when you start questioning the truth of your faith, the best way to reassure yourself is to seek or convert others to your way of belief, that way you find comfort that you are not alone.

A great, now deceased modern philosopher said: "One person who believes a thing is a considered a madman, ten are considered a cult and a million are a religion".

My personal belief? Jesus was a most excellent witch and alchemist.
Back to top Go down
StarPhoenix
Admin
Admin
StarPhoenix

Female
Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: How Dictionary.com Defines Christians   How Dictionary.com Defines Christians I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Very much agreeing with Ari. I have no problem with Jesus or the Christian God, if you want to worship him, fine with me. But Christians have this nasty way of forcing their beliefs on others by threats, and outright slaughter.. this does not sit so well with me.
Back to top Go down
Kai
Admin
Admin
Kai

Female
Number of posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: How Dictionary.com Defines Christians   How Dictionary.com Defines Christians I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:17 pm

OK, I have to agree with you both there. I think it's kind of dumb some of the beliefs Christians have, but again, to each his own! This is one of the reasons I dislike going to "church" with my parents. They try to push their beliefs on you! It drives me nuts! Anyway, I'm done with my rant now LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://moonlitdreams.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Dictionary.com Defines Christians   How Dictionary.com Defines Christians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Dictionary.com Defines Christians
Page 1 of 1