Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
The Request Empty
World Clock

The Request

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

The Request Empty
PostSubject: The Request   The Request I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:56 am

I wrote this piece about ten years ago to help students understand the realm of witchcraft and the law of three. I have published it and used it elsewhere a couple of times, but I thought it might be enjoyed here.

The Request

I asked my teacher, “Share with me, the knowledge of the Craft I seek, to know the secrets you have learned, these things of wonder that you speak.” When first I asked him he did spurn, and put me off my track to learn. The second time that I did ask, he sent me on some needless task, but when again I called on him, to teach me all I need to learn, he told me thrice now I had asked, and so his teaching I did earn. “Note well the lessons I will give, all things to help you better live, for what I teach you in this hour will show you truth and bring you power. Of what, my student, shall I speak? What arcane knowledge do you seek? Ask now of stones, or metals bright, of tarot cards or stars at night. Ask of the herbs upon my shelves, or how to raise the Gods themselves, for these things I now will speak to thee, but know all knowledge comes with cost: harm no other in your quest, and secrets sold are surely lost. Now tell me what you want of me, knowledge of plants or alchemy. Is it the dark or light you seek? The hour is now at hand, so speak!”
Back to top Go down
Dragonfaerie

Dragonfaerie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-08

The Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Request   The Request I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 pm

This is a truly beautiful piece. Thank you kindly for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down

The Request
Page 1 of 1