Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
Values and worth Empty
World Clock

Values and worth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Values and worth Empty
PostSubject: Values and worth   Values and worth I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 8:56 am

Posted for the one who this applies to:

Whether Alexandrian or Gardnerian, Wiccan or an eclectic witch, whether a covener or a solitary, there is one aspect of the individual that is paramount and necessary for self-worth and community. When we enter a circle with those we are supposed to care about, we are challenged with the question, "How do you enter this circle?", and the answer to that challenge is and should always be, "With perfect love and perfect trust". In witchcraft, your worth is your word and your word is your worth. If you cannot be held to what you have promised, you are worthless to those who would give you their unquestioning love, in fact you take from them the brightest aspect of spirituality, trust.

To lie, or to promise a thing and not follow through is to do harm. We hold to the creed of harmlessness, "An it harm none, do as thou wilt". Harm is recognized as harm to self, others or nature, and the nature of harm can be through words, thoughts or actions. Not only does lack of follow through on your word cause harm, it also shows a tendency of weak will. Witches are willful creatures, it is our power and our strength, and to have a person among us who is incapable of following through with what has been promised or planned is to take from all of us and make our spirituality seem cheap and meaningless.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." We give trust but are not fools, we can see where lack of values and worth diminish us all.

When your word is proven worthless, when you do not follow through with what you have stated, you become worthless. Perhaps, if you cannot be honorable and merit the trust you are given, you should seek other forms of spirituality and less trusting people to use and abuse. A lie is a lie no matter what trappings is is presented in, and we do not care to be lied to, nor can we continue to care for a liar.

When all atttempts to give chances fail, when a person proves to be untrustworthy and without honor, we can banish and exclude, removing the person who would opt to be a cancer among us.
Back to top Go down

Values and worth
Page 1 of 1