Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
The worth of time Empty
World Clock

The worth of time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

The worth of time Empty
PostSubject: The worth of time   The worth of time I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:41 pm

Like all things in life, there comes a time when one must make a decision whether a thing is worth the time and effort invested in it over a long period, especially when there is no appreciable return on investment. This is true of monitary investments, friendships, partnerships and group affiliations. When the situation is all give and no receive, it leaves one hollow and unfulfilled. It is very much like taxation without representation.

I guess when all is said and done, it really does not take much soul searching to arrive at the decision to break ties and get out while there is still something to salvage, whether physical, intellectual or emotional. One sided relationships will not, in fact cannot survive. It comes to a point where it no longer matters how promising the relationship seemed in the beginning, you just take the loss and accept the inevitable.

I have invested time and energy into groups that in the end not only failed me, but shunned me for my effort. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. In the case of this group, I have been here far more than the owners and mods, and it is time that I follow thier examples, and use my time in a more productive way.

I will stop in once in a while, when I have nothing better to do, and I may even do a tarot reading, for the right person and even then only for the right reasons. If you failed a relationship, or failed in a relationshiip, look at yourself to find where the problem resides, not to the tarot. This is a women's group, not a cross-gendered one and when the male ego can so easily be cast aside, I will be damned if I will stroke a female ego.

Until then, via condios.
Back to top Go down

The worth of time
Page 1 of 1