Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
Young seekers...... Empty
World Clock

Young seekers......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Young seekers......   Young seekers...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:36 pm

What are people's thoughts on young seekers?

What about if their parents are not open on their children dabbling/recerching/practicing the craft?

Any advice for them?

Any warnings?

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Young seekers......   Young seekers...... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Tread not on the dinosaur's tails, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup. Witchcraft would scare most parents who have been brought up to believe it is devil worship. I would suggest the book, When Someone You Love is Wiccan. My suggestion is to not go behind a parent's back. Thirteen is the youngest a child should get involved, it is the coming of age. For most children between thirteen and seventeen, if they are studying on their own it is okay, but they are vulnerable if they get involved with someone else, especially someone older... there are a lot of predators out there who would use spirituality as a means to molest. If they get involved with a peer, there is the possibility of a fashion pretender or a psychotic who believes she can fly corrupting, possibly dangerously, what is learned.

If a group is sought, a well monitored coven or group such as CUUPS will lead the right direction without the harmful side effects, but the group should first be checked out by the parents.
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Young seekers......   Young seekers...... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 pm

What about for those seekers that have parents that are.......not the world's most suportive of the faith?

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Young seekers......   Young seekers...... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:57 am

That is a question not easily answered. If a 'child' seeks a spiritual path that is not one of the parents own, it must be on that child to face the repercussions. If an adult teaches that child, knowing that the parents are against the material sought, there is a betrayal of trust between the teacher and the parents, and a poorer foundation for knowledge could not exist. I would not put myself in such a position. I am a strong and knowledgable teacher, but to teach in such a manner would constitute advocation and proof of all the negative things said and believed of us in other religious and spiritual camps. I will not harm my community in that way, nor myself, nor the child's parents, nor, specially, the child.

There is a lot of life to live, and many incarnations to live it. If a child seeks truth and light in our path, it is worth waiting for if it is truly a soul-deep desire to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young seekers......   Young seekers...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Young seekers......
Page 1 of 1