Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
And now from the recession... Empty
World Clock

And now from the recession...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: And now from the recession...   And now from the recession... I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:52 am

There was a Yahoo news story yesterday about the rise of survivalists in this country, and not the rabid doom and gloom genre. Many people are starting to prepare for a future that is vague and uncertain. Food stores and fresh water are being horded, generators and gasoline stored, grain mills and weapons cached for what many believe will be a melt down in this economy.

Here is a queston for discussion. If the economy catastrophically failed and the store shelves emptied, gasoline was not available, gangs roamed the streets looting and raping, travel was dangerous at best, and police or national guard were moving targets, what would you have to offer that would keep you alive? If medicine was no longer available, what skills and knowledge do you have that would heal you and others? What horticultural and husbandry skills do you possess? Do you know something of value that you could offer to a small community that might protect you as a part of itself?

A witches coven is one such survival group, yet it is not designed to be such. Each member brings different skills to the group and together they form a cohesive family that could, if necessary, survive in the direst of times. Herbalists, healers, stone and metal workers, weather controllers, alchemists, those who know and practice invisibility, and many other skills blend to make a coven able to survive even when the chips are down.

So, if you did not have access to internet, if you found yourself without a house to protect you, if food was not available and stores and hospitals and gas stations were no longer viable, are you worth anything due to your knowledge or skills that could keep you alive? Others are planning, preparing and practicing and will be prepared, what about you?
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: And now from the recession...   And now from the recession... I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:11 am

Well, I know that I would survive.....But I doubt that any group would want me... You know, most people wouldn't want to pay me in the nessacery amount of food.

I know that I could survive by myself if needed, but I'd end up going....feral.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: And now from the recession...   And now from the recession... I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:00 am

Nope, you are stuck with the coven. You would be, however, very useful. Anyone meaning harm to the coven would have a difficult time following through with their threat on the nub of a leg after we released you on them.
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: And now from the recession...   And now from the recession... I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Do you really think that I'd stop there if someone thretened any of you guys? While I have a talent to ignore threts to my own wellbeing.......I'm more then a little overprotective of those that I care about.

But.......does this meen that I'd be nothing then your guy's gaurd dog then?
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And now from the recession...   And now from the recession... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And now from the recession...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moonlit Dreams :: Everyday Stuff :: General Chat-
Jump to: