Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget.... Empty
World Clock

Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget....   Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Found on another site.....

Creating Altar Tools for the Young Wiccan on a Budget

by Gwinevere Rain

The average teen has to juggle school stuff, friendship drama, dating dilemmas and a host of parental issues. So adding yet another complication to an already heaping pile can be interesting. This is why being a teen Wiccan on a budget can be super stressful. The good news is that there are ways to overcome broke-witch- syndrome. There are a few key factors to being crafty: know where and when to shop, make things yourself, and see value in everyday items.

When to Shop
Halloween is becoming a bigger holiday each year so it's no surprise to see stores pack their shelves with spooky merchandise. Some of these items can actually be useful for Wiccans, but the best time to shop is after Halloween when all the merchandise goes on clearance. Specifically, keep an eye out for brooms, baskets, candles and candle holders. These mundane decorations can become altar supplies with a quick blessing or consecration. Black candles are often hard to find, so stock up during post-Halloween sales. Depending where you shop, you can purchase votives and tapers for as little as .10 each.

Make Tools Yourself
Making altar tools yourself is not only economical but also great fun. For an altar pentagram; gather several thin, dry twigs and set them in a row next to each other. Choose five that are equal in length. Then line up the twigs to form a five-point star, and take natural looking string (like hemp used for jewelry making) and weave it around where the twigs line up. This handmade altar pentagram can be hung on the wall above the altar or used on top as a consecration tool.
For a fancy-looking wand at a low cost price, visit your local Lowes or Home Depot store and head down then plumbing section. Locate the pipes area and search for copper. They should have a variety of lengths and thickness to choose from. Test several in your hand to intuitively sense the best feel. Aim for one less than two feet in length. Use jewelry making supplies: glue, beads, wire and drilled gemstones to accent your copper wand.

Change Everday Items
The truly crafty teen witch adapts and knows how to make everyday items magical! A tarnished serving dish found at a garage sale has serious potential. With the help of a parent, spray paint the tarnished dish with silver, black or gold to create a fantastic offering plate. Use handkerchiefs as mojo bags and tie with appropriate colored craft ribbon (about .45 a spool). Learn the magical properties of kitchen herbs like chamomile, anise, rosemary and mint in place of hard-to-find ones like mugwort, vervain or yarrow. Wash out empty, small-sized jelly jars and use them for storage.
The most important tool to being a craft teen witch is your imagination. Other people may spend the big bucks on altar supplies, but ones hand created with love and positive intentions can be equally, if not more powerful. With a special, personalized blessing and the right spark of creativity mundane objects can become magical!

Originally written May 24, 2007

enjoy
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget....   Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:41 pm

Hmmmm, a copper wand. Watcha think Draco, perhaps a chunk of rebar or conduit for a staff? A plastic picnic kniife for an athame? Toilet paper (preferrably not used) for pages in a grimoire? The mind boggles.
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget....   Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Well, don't forget, the tool is just that. A tool. The power comes from within. And the copper wand is not that big of a thing. Most Wicca 101 books actually sugest that one should try it out.

You know the whole porbose behind this articial is to let kids and teens know that they don't have to spend a arm and a leg on their tools, bells, and shinny things. You know, a BOS could just be a binder, or a three ring notebook (I sugest 5 star, things last forever) instead of a large letherbound book (for those, either you make it yourself, order it and pay out the nose, or get your hands on a VERY old bible and replace the pages). Most witches have a first atheme that's a letter opener. My first boline was a old wood handled steak knife (still have in, though it needs to be sharpened and the tip is caked with wax). It's all just being creative and all. If you think it works as a tool, then it will.

And for the record, not everyone can get everything that they need/really want from junk stores. You guys are a little bit spoiled with that talent.

As much fun as new shinny things are, and as much enjoyment as they can provide, you don't need to have them. Only reacently have I gotten myself a nicer alter setup. Don't need it, more then made due without before, but oh well. Still did it on a buget. I think that it ended up cheaper then I spend on candles and incence each month....(ummmm.... ok, maybe that's a bad comparison.....considering how much I spend on suplies...*shrugs*)

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget....   Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shoping for wiccian/witches on a buget....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moonlit Dreams :: Metaphysics :: Incense, Athames & Misc Tools-
Jump to: