Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
Do the gods exist? Empty
World Clock

Do the gods exist?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Do the gods exist? Empty
PostSubject: Do the gods exist?   Do the gods exist? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:52 am

Ok, here's yet another topic that I get the feeling that I'm gonna get a lot of flack about.

Does God/ do the Gods/Godesses exist?

If so (or not), your opinoins.

I personaly believe that ALL of the gods exist. There are a few ways that you could look at this.

1) As Dion Fortune once said...."All god's are one God. All Godesses are one Godess. And there is but one initiator". While you could make a point that she was describing a thought about the QBL Tree of Life (and that is valid), most people think that she was refering about Divinity. The thoughts on that is that all of the god/esses are but aspects of a unknown "Creative Force". The great creator, is incomprehensable to human thought. We can't understand it. It's too "big". So, we break it up into "bite-sized" pieces that we can understand (or better understand that is).

2) They have, and still do exist as compleatly sepreate entities. I don't think that I need to explain this one

3) We caused them to form into individual powers. With this, There was a thing, aspect, emotion, thought that was in existance. Our ancesters reconized the "energy of it", and named it. After that energy was "named", it was easier to relate to it as an individual. Eventually, someone would start to pray to the energy for a boon of some kind. Fron there, it's a small step to actually start to worship the energy as a Deity.

4) Weither or not they did, or did not exist before, now they do, due to us creating them. In ceremonial magick, there is a bit of knowlege that lets one, or more people, combine their thoughts and energy, to create a being. That being (called an Egergor) is nothing more then a thoughform that was created and empowered for one purpose. Usually, it is so that the members can draw off of the colective energy of the group for their workings. There is also records of "normal" people usuing the same premise to create an entity (in that case, the soul of someone that "died" in the past). In each case, the constructed beings did, and do start to take on a life of their own (depending on the methods of their construction). Now, picture this.......There's a guy. Lets name him Adam. Now, his life sucks. But he has a few kids.....So he starts to tell them stories. In those stories, he keeps on talking about something named YHVH. This thing is the most powerfull thing out there. Well, the kids start to think about this YHVH (thus giving it energy). Some of them survive and start having more kids. The story of YHVH continues to get passed on down the generations, all the time with people giving it yet more and more energy. Eventually, YHVH starts to becomme sentiant of things. It starts to "talk". People start giving it yet more and more energy and thought. YHVH starts being able to take that energy and act more and more. Thus having people grant it more and more energy. Sometime later, a few people gather arround and make up a personality for YHVH, that is, if it hasn't created one up for itself. All of the god/desses could of started that way.
I should start a class up. How to creat a deity 101.....

enjoy
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Do the gods exist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do the gods exist?   Do the gods exist? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:12 am

I have written a book dealing with such matters, Defiic spellcraft 101.

Let's look at this scientifically. Let me premise this by saying that I agree with you, all gods do exist and all were created by man. It does not take more than a single individual and a single thought to create a god.

In times of antiquity, there were many things that could not be explained by contemporary science. To quell the questions that were unfathomable, these things were attributed to a deity, and that deity was created as an anamistic representation of the matter of the question.

Fact: energy cannot be destroyed and will not dissipate, it does however change in form.

Thought is energy. Directed thought is a stream of energy. Prayer and belief are finely tuned directed thought. I will leave off of this topic with one final hypothisis... consider a god to be a battery with an infinite ability to be charged and to maintain that charge.

Every god that has ever been created by man and has received directed thought through prayer still exists. These 'god batteries' can be tapped for energy and a practitioner who has the knowledge to tap these batteries has almost unlimited energy at his disposal. Any god can be tapped by any practitioner if the visualization of and thus frequency of that god can be isolated and focussed. To know the name of a god is to be able to tap its energy.
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Do the gods exist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do the gods exist?   Do the gods exist? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:20 am

To know the name of a god is to be able to tap its energy.

Ok, by that, do you meen the comon name, or the Deities "hidden" name? Like Ra's "secret" name that Isis learned, or the many names of "God" (YHVH being one). Is correct pronuncation the key, or is it the thought and belief and will of the person that gives access?

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male

Do the gods exist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do the gods exist?   Do the gods exist? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:25 am

No, I believe that the conceptualization comes from within the individual, not without. If a specific deity is known to the individual and that individual's visualization and the name he gives it can be focussed, then he can utilize the energy of the deity he has focussed on. Whether conceptualized as YHVH, God or Allah, this battery can be tapped.
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male

Do the gods exist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do the gods exist?   Do the gods exist? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:28 am

Or Jehovah or I AM, or any other name by which it has been called.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do the gods exist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do the gods exist?   Do the gods exist? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do the gods exist?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moonlit Dreams :: Metaphysics :: Deities-
Jump to: