Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
What is on your alter? Empty
World Clock

What is on your alter?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: What is on your alter?   What is on your alter? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:04 am

Ok everyone, I want to know what you have on your alters. Also, if the main of your alter is unusual or anything, put a discription up here. Or, if you're in a non-occult residence, how do you hide it?

My personal alter is right now in my basement. It's in a sub-roon type of place. The door has a padlock on it.
The alter itself is a short rectangle end table. It has two levels on it. The botom level is where I store most of my utencils and things that I use on a regular baises, but don't belong ON the alter. You know, incence, candles, boline's, a few choice candles, twine, a few odds and ends, lighters, candle snuffer.
On the alter, we start out with a dark bedsheet, over that, I have a alter cloth that is black and silver (go figure). On that, is my atheme (a short dragon handled kris), petryn (silver), dish of salt, cup of water, wand, a fether, a stone (I think it's milk quartz), a few pieces of amyethist, at least one of my generators, a small crystal ball, either two brass candlestick holders, or two piller candles, and usually something that reminds me of my mortallity. Oh yeah.....I also have my 14" dragon, and behind all that, is my 38"-18" dark mirror.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
StarPhoenix
Admin
Admin
StarPhoenix

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is on your alter?   What is on your alter? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:59 pm

My alter is currently a work in progress.. and by 'work in progress' i mean non exsistant. I have no space in my current room for an official alter. So I have set up a couple smaller ones for my tools, my candles, my crystals, my divination tools and my books. Hopefully when I am able to get some more space I'll be able to set up a more official permanant alter *crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What is on your alter?   What is on your alter? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 am

For tips on how you might make due, I would suggest reading a few books.

"To ride a Silver Broomstick" by Silver Ravenwolf
"A Guide to the Solatary Practicioner: Witchcraft for a new generation" by Silver Ravenwolf
"Nocturnal Witchcraft" by Konstantinos
"Green Witchcraft" by Ann Moria

These books show different ways on how to either make due with a non perminate alter, or a really small one, or without one at all. Also, a few of them show how one doesn't need to spend much, or really any on tools and suplies (think only spending money on candles and incence).

Cause yeah, really, you are in a situation that these books (especally the Ravenwolf ones) are really geared for.

Bet you would never would of expected me to give props to a fluffy bunny, no?

Anyhoo, anyone else wanna put their 2c in?

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
StarPhoenix
Admin
Admin
StarPhoenix

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is on your alter?   What is on your alter? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:27 pm

*cough* *gag* DEVIL WOMAN! If I didn't respect books so much I would suggest a mass book burning!
Back to top Go down
GwyndolynJoy
GwyndolynJoy

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What is on your alter?   What is on your alter? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:46 pm

I would Like to add another one to the pyre if there is to be burning Teen Goddess by Catherine Wishart, I am glad I bought it for less than 2 bucks at the Goodwill as it is pure crap and does not even use accurate history for the goddesses she chose
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What is on your alter?   What is on your alter? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Several of you have seen our altar. We do not hide it. We have a temple space central to our new home, a room set aside for the Goddess. The room is interesting in that it combines several pantheons, my Egyptian pantheon, Elyria's Roman/Greek pantheon and Hemunset's Buddhas. The motif of the temple changes by esbat and sabbat. It is quite peaceful and beautiful. But then our whole house is Pagan in nature and there would be no denying that we are witches.

I will venture a guess that if someone asked, Elyria would post pictures here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is on your alter?   What is on your alter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is on your alter?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moonlit Dreams :: Metaphysics :: Incense, Athames & Misc Tools-
Jump to: