Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING? Empty
World Clock

ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
THE_BLUE_TURTLE
Admin
Admin
THE_BLUE_TURTLE

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING?   ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 6:06 pm

I DONT WANT TO RUFFLE FEATHERS.. BUT I DO HAVE A QUESTION ID LIKE TO POSE.
I KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT ARE VERY CAPABALE OF LUCID DREAMING... AND THOSE THAT ARE CAPABLE OF ASTRAL PROJECTION.. OR AS E CALLS IT ASTRAL WALKING.

MY QUESTION IS.... IN AN ATTEMPT TO ASTRAL WALK.... SOME PEOPLE OFTEN USE MEDITATIVE STATES TO REACH THAT GOAL....HOW CAN ONE BE CERTAIN THAT THEY HAVE NOT MEDITATED THEMSELVES TO SLEEP AND ENTER INTO A STATE OF SEMI-LUCID DREAMING... RATHER THAN HAVE AN AUTHENTIC ASTRAL PROJECTION?

FORGIVE ME IF I DONT USE THE CORRECET TERMINOLOGY... I AM LEARNING.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa
Vanessa

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING?   ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:58 am

I am not sure how to even begin to answer your question, TBT, but me personally, the only time I astral walk is when I sleep. I don't even know if I can lucid dream, or if I ever have. But again, for me personally, astral walking only happens when I am in an extremely deep sleep, which is literally almost every night.

In another of my posts on this astral topic, I stated that there are 4 levels of sleep. REM stage (or dreaming) is level 1 and level 4 (I refer to this as "semi-comatose") is the deepest sleep that one can be in without having to have machines breathing for them. Most people go through the levels of sleep in sequence and in 60-90 minute increments and then the same in reverse. I am one of the oddballs that go from level 1 straight into level 4, and I reach this deepest level of sleep ALMOST every night. I could make my bed and tuck the sheets tightly under the mattress (like they do at hotels) right before I go to bed , and 9 out of 10 times, I will wake up in the same position I laid down in with little or zero disturbance to my sheets.

I hope that I am phrasing this correctly when I say that every astral trip is a "dream" but not every dream is an astral trip.

I don't know how much or how little this helps, but I hope that you find the answer that you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
lady_elyria
lady_elyria

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING?   ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING? I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:14 pm

ok the simple answer .....it has a lot to do with concious effort , lucid dreaming is not a concious act , when you choose to go into the astral plane you are doing it conciously and there for could not lucid dream ...this has to do with the level of conciousness......when you are choosing to astral travel your concious level is not deep enough to dream ......when you sleep and lucid dream you are deeper into counciousness , and are usally aware you are dreaming ........

hope that helped it is really difficult to explain

Elyria
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING?   ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING? I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:02 pm

I personly see it as having 2 differences. First thing, when Lucid dreaming, you are not nessasarly leaving your body (depending on how you look at the world, I have see both viewpoints). The second one is how much rest your body is getting.

It's hard to see a real difference on this though. I have known people that see their dreams as them leaving there bodies. And there is the thought that dreams are your body's way of processing information "in your head". As far as how "deep" you go under, I can also see 2 conflicting views. Because there are some people out there (myself included) that can willfully put themselves under as deep, if now deeper then normal sleep.

My sugestion is to study as much as you can and come to your own desision on this topic.
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING?   ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ASTRAL PROJECTION OR LUCID DREAMING?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moonlit Dreams :: Metaphysics :: OBE-Out of Body Experiences-
Jump to: