Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
Fish Icons on Cars Empty
World Clock

Fish Icons on Cars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:31 pm

For several years now, there has been a proliferation of metallic fish symbols sported on the trunks or backs of cars and vans. The first symbol I can remember seeing was a simple fish outline. Next came the fish outline with "JESUS" within the outline. Then came the Darwin fish, the fish outline with feet. Next, the footed fish with "DARWIN" within the outline. I have only seen "GEFILTE" within one fish outline, but I truly laughed with this concept. The most recent trunk icon that has become popular is the fish outline with a cross where a fish's eye would be. Hmmmm... a crosseyed fish. Let's hope that the Darwin fish theory of evolution is correct, because a crosseyed fish would be a freak of nature, and unless it quickly evolved, would not last beyond its own generation.

Just my observation and humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
GwyndolynJoy
GwyndolynJoy

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 4:53 pm

tis true, but have you also noticed that the fish is facing the wrong was most of the time?
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Perhaps facing right or left is determined by the political affiliation of the driver of the car with the fish? I have not seen any Darwin fish belly up, no upside down Jesus fish, nor any Satanistic crosseyed fish. I think that they are just affixed the way that the manufacturer meant them to be... perhaps you can expand on your thinking so that the rest of us may understand?
Back to top Go down
GwyndolynJoy
GwyndolynJoy

Female

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 pm

according to the bible when the sheep were separated from the goats, the goats (nonbelievers) to the left the sheep(believers) to the right, all the fish face to the left

at least that is how I remember it,i have not been big on the bible in more than 15 years
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Yes, they face to the left in envy of the goats, who are still free and unfettered. I find it interesting that you compare the fish to the sheep, perhaps sheepheads? What a truly ugly fish! Maybe an attitudinal reflection?
Back to top Go down
GwyndolynJoy
GwyndolynJoy

Female

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:09 pm

I dunno put I have seen an upside down darwin fish though
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:15 pm

That is just wishful thinking on the part of a one-lifer. It is difficult to adhere to creationism when scientific proof, observation and common sense all point to the truth of evolution. If the worst they do is keep their religious blinders on and put an upside down Darwin fish on their car, they are a lot less harmful than many have historically proven themselves to be.
Back to top Go down
GwyndolynJoy
GwyndolynJoy

Female

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:16 pm

it was a teen, so I think he was just trying to be funny
Back to top Go down
hemunset

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:51 pm

yea either that or he was rebelling agianst his mommy like so many of us do religously
Back to top Go down
lady_elyria
lady_elyria

Female
Number of posts : 79

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Wait a minute are you a witch to rebel against me religiously ....because if you are i would like to inform you that you are doing way wrong
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:26 pm

So, what Mom.....Do you want her to convert to Christanaty? Is that what you're trying to say?

Well......She is wanting to be a Catholic school girl.......

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 pm

I believe that said attendence would be an interesting experiment. My daughter has belonged to a Christian after-school program for several years, and she is accepted even though it is common knowledge that she is Pagan. For her to attend a prestigeous Catholic University and be accepted as a Pagan student would be an impartial statement of equality and religious tolerance. I hope that it works out that way. Said venue is the best possible forum for her to reach her academic and professional goals. She dreams of far loftier goals than a future in a coffee shop or working in fast food like so many of her contemporaries.
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 am

What's wrong with working fast food? While all of you guys lost jobs, stocks, and your 401k"s, my compony's stock went up!

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fish Icons on Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Icons on Cars   Fish Icons on Cars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fish Icons on Cars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moonlit Dreams :: Everyday Stuff :: General Chat-
Jump to: