Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
Discussions? Empty
World Clock

Discussions?

Go down 
+4
Arimesis
lady_elyria
Vanessa
Kai
8 posters

Do you want weekly discussions?
Yes, absolutely!
Discussions? I_vote_lcap67%Discussions? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
No, I would really rather not
Discussions? I_vote_lcap0%Discussions? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe, perhaps one day, but not right now/just yet
Discussions? I_vote_lcap33%Discussions? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Kai
Admin
Admin
Kai

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 12:11 am

Okay, well the staff and I at one point considered doing discussions. But then we decided what if we don't have enough members for this. So I have decided to get all of your opinions! I want you to take a vote on here and then I want you to leave a comment on what you would like to have some discussions on! We could do anywhere from 1-5 or 6 discussions a week. But first I want to know what broad topics you want to discuss! Whether it be Divination, Spiritual or even something else, we want to know! Please please please vote and please leave your opinions! Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
http://moonlitdreams.net
Vanessa
Vanessa

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:49 am

I think a discussion 1 or 2 days a week would suffice, and then one week a month we schedule a 3rd day for discussion, as well as free reading Fridays. The first 1-2 days be specific topics such as divination, wicca, etc. Then the extra day be something that members request we talk about. For example:

EVERY WEEK:
Monday Divination Discussion 5pm to 7pm CMT
Wiccan Wednesdays 5pm to 7pm CMT
Free Reading Fridays all day/night

The 3rd Tuesday of the month:
Member requested discussion 5pm to 7pm

If members continuously request the same topic on a regular basis, then maybe we can eventually add another permanent discussion day to the mix and go from there.
Back to top Go down
lady_elyria
lady_elyria

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:52 am

I think that a daily or weekly discussion would be great! I personally think it would allow us to get together and learn about each other
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:17 am

While I like the idea of discussions, and I like the premise that we will be able to pick and choose what forums we join into, I have to ask... when will the discussion be censored and by needs become a practice in political correctness? Will there be a mediator or referee in each discussion?

It has also been my experience that when discussions begin, people stop posting because they believe that they will be discussing whatever they would have posted in the first place. It is therefore my suggestion that when a topic for discussion is determined, each person who is going to attend the discussion should be required to post whatever background and thoughts on the topic that they have, prior to the discussion. This will keep the posts going and also allow others to prepare for the discussion as well as allowing the poster to get his/her thoughts about the topic together. This will help keep discussions on topic.

The determination by the owners of this group must also be made about boundaries of the discussions. Will hot buttons of politics, religion, sexuality and others be allowed to be pushed in the discussions? How will this be controlled, and what action will be taken when lines are crossed?

Just some experience-based thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Kai
Admin
Admin
Kai

Female

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:08 am

Wow guys! Thanks for all your votes so far! I do hope more members come and vote and offer their opinions! Thanks Vanessa for the suggestions! And also, thank you Ari for the suggestions as well! I really appreciate them! Keep them coming guys! Please please tell everyone to come and vote! Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
StarPhoenix
Admin
Admin
StarPhoenix

Female
Number of posts : 128

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:34 am

My view as far as censoring discussions it that anything goes. Before a discussion, make a thread of the forum of topics and issues being covered, and if anyone would happen to be offended by them, they enter at their own risk. Ignorance and hatred will not be accepted, and will require and immediate kick from the discussion. I will make sure that the leader of the discussion has temporary admin permission on the forum to kick those bringing negativity to the chat. We're all grown ups here and I trust in your judgement.
Back to top Go down
Kai
Admin
Admin
Kai

Female

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:48 am

I can also do that with the chat too, we just have to figure out what discussions and who's leading what I think then
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:31 am

Well, I would be intrested in the discussions. But I would only go in for something that could really get me thinking. I meen REALLY got to me. If a discussion did hapen on a topic, I MIGHT actually suck up my pride and go on the chat. And I think that everyone here already knows my dislike of chat.

I would just ask that the "rotating" subject be anounced something like a week in advance. I want to be able to see as many sides of my own thoughts as possable.

Also, any possability of doucumenting them. I think that a few of them might make for some intresting posts. You know, for those that have to work on those days, or have to leave early (kids, toster on fire, compy craping out on them, being eaten by a dragon, really bad hair day,getting the snot kicked out of them by a blonde for being on her compy, and the like)

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
GwyndolynJoy
GwyndolynJoy

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:46 pm

so, Dracos, how many different people are you these days?
Back to top Go down
hemunset

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:44 pm

too many LOL
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:31 pm

So, are you girls saying that I'm fat!

Back to top Go down
GwyndolynJoy
GwyndolynJoy

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:36 pm

no, we are saying you have multiple personalities
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:38 pm

Ah.......well that's ok. Don't have a problem with that

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discussions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussions?   Discussions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Moonlit Dreams :: Everyday Stuff :: Announcements You Need To See-
Jump to: