Moonlit Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOONLIT CHATMOONLIT CHAT  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Links
Gallery
Favorite Incense....what's yours? Empty
World Clock

Favorite Incense....what's yours?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai
Admin
Admin
Kai

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Well I thought first I would start this off by saying there are a lot of different types of incense out there. Many different brands as well as scents. Incense has plenty of uses. They can be used to add a pleasant scent to the room, calm your mind, cleanse spaces and objects or even set the mood during a spell or encantation. I use Liquidblue incense. They have many scents there and types. I use the ones found in the mystical/fantasy section. So now you know what I use. What do you use??
Back to top Go down
http://moonlitdreams.net
StarPhoenix
Admin
Admin
StarPhoenix

Female
Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:57 pm

My mom is very very allergic to strong smells so I don't use incense very often. I do really love Ylang Ylang incense and of course dragon's blood (but who doesn't Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:16 am

We use many types of incense for our rituals, stick and powder. I guess that my personal favorite is what E and I harvest from cedars and white pines. Frankinsense, Myrrh, Copal and Amber are all pine saps, we just harvest and blend our own.
Back to top Go down
Kai
Admin
Admin
Kai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 am

Wow. That's pretty impressive Ari! I didn't even know you could make your own! Very cool though!
Back to top Go down
Arimesis

Arimesis

Male
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 am

We collect many things for incenses. Dry pine sap, lavendar blooms, juniper berries... some beautiful incense mixes can be made without a trip to the metaphysical shop. If you go online and look, you can find out how to make your own incense sticks and cones, and there are a lot of great mixtures out there also.
Back to top Go down
Kai
Admin
Admin
Kai

Female

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Wow, I will definitely look into this Ari! It can get expensive having to go buy incense all the time! Maybe I can go ahead and find something my parents can stand the smell of for once!
Back to top Go down
Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Well, with me, it really bepends on my mood, and what I'm trying to do. When I'm working on my QBL studdies, I will use something that resonates with the Sephoroth that I'm working with. When I'm using the "Ritual of the Rose Cross", I use rose (duh). For clearing an area, or for more Shamainic work, Sage can't be beat. For most everything else, I use Frankensense, Myrrh, Ceaderwood, and Sandelwood. There was a brand that I really enjoied usuing, but the place that I found it closed, and I haven't been able to find it since.
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Vanessa
Vanessa

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:32 am

I can't be in a small confined space with incense (such as a bathroom). I am allergic to it, however, I can be around it so long as the room is big enough. (if it's burning on one side of the living room, i can be on the opposite side and be fine........ BUT if it's in the center of the living room, I can't be in there for more than a few moments before my nose starts burning and my eyes start watering, etc)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Incense....what's yours?   Favorite Incense....what's yours? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Incense....what's yours?
Page 1 of 1